STUDENT PLACEMENT APPLICATION
*Note: MultiCare Yakima Memorial Hospital only accepts student placement applications for students that have an academic placement requirement or are receiving academic credit for placement
Please review the required items on the application prior to completing the form. The application does not offer the capability of saving and logging back into it.
There are several document links at the bottom of the document. Please ensure that you either have the ability to download the files to your computer or onto a jump drive, so you are able to review the documents while you take our online quiz. Once your application has been submitted, you will be automatically redirected to our Orientation Quiz.
CRIMINAL HISTORY (RCW 10.97)
All information is required and failure to complete may affect results of inquiry and placement.
Health Requirements: Non-Employees (regardless of direct patient care) are required to meet the same health requirements as employees of MultiCare Yakima Memorial and its Affiliates. Health requirements are established in response to current Communicable Disease Center (CDC) for Healthcare Providers.
- Two-Step Tuberculosis Skin Test (TST) - and annual TB test thereafter. Documentation of at least two separate TSTs with most recent TST within 12 months of beginning student rotation. Annual TST required. Students with a history of positive TST must have documentation of a negative chest x-ray, negative QuantiFeron gold, or documented completion of INH treatment for Tuberculosis. An annual surveillance form for signs and symptoms of active tuberculosis is also required for any students with a positive TST.
- One QuantiFERON Gold TB Blood test may be accepted in place of the two separate TSTs.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Documentation of 2 doses of live vaccine given after 12 months of age and at least one month apart. (May be given as MMR or measles vaccine.) Positive serology for Measles IgG, Mumps IgG, and Rubella IgG.
- Varicella/Chickenpox-Documentation of 2 doses of live vaccine given after 12 months of age and at least one month apart. Healthcare Provider confirmation of varicella disease. Positive Serology for Varicella IgG.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis -.One dose of tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) as an adult and in the past 10 years. Td booster as needed or per exposure or injury/illness event
- Influenza vaccine- Vaccine will be required annually between October 1- May 1.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - Documentation of completion of the 3-dose Hepatitis B vaccine series or a positive hepatitis B surface antibody titer (HBSAB)
- Covid-19-Proof of completion of the primary vaccine series, or an approved declination on file.
***MultiCare Yakima Memorial reserves the right to require other potential vaccinations as guided per recommendations of the CDC and adopted by the Infection Control Department.***
MultiCare Yakima Memorial is responsible for securing its computer systems, associated data, and communications network. In addition, MultiCare Yakima Memorial and affiliated agency employees are responsible for preventing the occurrence of inappropriate, unethical, or unlawful use of such systems and data.
General Principles, Guidlines, and Enforcement:
Refer to slides 42-49 and Appendix in "Student Orientation" file (link below)
Refer to slides 50-58 and Appendix of "Student Orientation" file
I understand that I may have access to protected health information (PHI) and confidential information about the business and financial interests (referred to as "Confidential Information" in this Agreement) of Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM). I understand that Confidential Information is protected in every form, such as written records and correspondence, oral communications, and computer programs and applications.
I agree to comply with all YVM policies and procedures to protect the confidentiality of Confidential Information. I agree not to use, copy, make notes regarding, remove, release, or disclose Confidential Information, unless it is permitted by YVM policy.
I agree not to share or release any authentication code or device, password, key card, or identification badge to any other person, and I agree not to use or release anyone else's authentication code or device, password, key card, or identification badge.
I agree to notify the appropriate manager immediately if I become aware that another person has access to my authentication code or device, password, key card, or identification badge, or otherwise has unauthorized access to the hospital's information system or records.
I agree that my obligations under this Agreement continue after my employment or my time as a student or volunteer ends.
I understand that breach of patient confidentiality may result in civil or criminal penalties under state or federal law.
STUDENT PLACEMENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I understand and acknowledge that:
*My internship with MultiCare Yakima Memorial is voluntary and does not entitle me to wages, compensation or other fringe benefits
*I am being accepted into MultiCare Yakima Memorial's Internship Program as part of my studies and school and that I am required to participate as part of the class credit I will receive from school
*It is my responsibility to abide by all applicable policies and rules of MultiCare Yakima Memorial
*The training I will receive from YVM is for my own benefit and I am not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship period.
*I have received a copy of Memorial's Student Orienation, Environment of Care Roles & Responsibilities, and Code of Conduct, and will familiarize myself with the policies and procedures included
*I further agree not to disclose any confidential information concerning patients, research or other confidential information that I may learn in the course of my internship with MultiCare Yakima Memorial.
Please select each link below and download for reference regarding MultiCare Yakima Memorial, policies, safety, etc. The Student Orientation link will open the orientation training that will be used to complete your orientation quiz.
I grant permission to MultiCare Yakima Memorial and its affiliates to verify and obtain information on my employment, school records and license/certification. I hereby release my employers, schools, references, and any agencies contacted from any and all liability of damages for providing the information requested. Further, I certify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I also certify that I am in compliance with the required immunizations. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts is cause for rejection or termination of placement. Placement is contingent upon a satisfactory Criminal History Report. I understand that this application does not create a contract of employment or promise of future employment. I understand that my request for internship is voluntary, unpaid, and can be terminated at any time at the option of either the agency or myself.
My typed name below verifies that I have read and agree to comply with the above Confidentiality Agreement, HIPAA, Patient Rights, Environment of Care, Code of Conduct, Student Orientaion, and Acceptable Use Policy. I understand my responsibility in protecting these rights. My typed name below shall have the same force and effect as my written signature.
If you have any problems with the application process, please contact:
Student Experience Specialist
When you submit your application, wait for your photo to upload and you will be directed to complete the orientation quiz!